I found this recipe in the Aldi magazine and am going to share it with you all. It’s a very easy recipe and they are indeed delicious! Makes 12 muffins. Prep time 10 to 15 mins. bake time 20 minutes.
200G self raising flour
100G castor sugar
100ML sunflower oil
200G sweet minced meat
280G icing sugar
140G unsalted butter
half Teaspoon cinnamon
Little milk to make it manageable
Method for muffins
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4.
- Mix flour and sugar into a bowl and once mixed, make a well in the middle.
- Mix oil, milk and egg into a jug and pour into the well.
- Beat the mixture until all blended.
- Add the minced meat and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into muffin cups. [note. I found it easier to double the cups and only fill to about half way to 3 quarters full as the mixture will rise].
- Place in the middle of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Take out, let rest on the tray while you prepare the frosting.
Cream the icing sugar and butter together. Add the cinnamon, [if you love cinnamon, add a whole teaspoon], and then add just a drop of milk to make the mixture more manageable. Once the muffins are cool, put your frosting on. [Note, they are just as nice without the frosting so you don’t need it to make these delicious cakes]. A true festive treat. Hope you all enjoy!